Put my 10 years of real estate experience to work.
How to Avoid Common Home Buying Mistakes
1. Not doing your homework. Enter the market well-prepared by researching location, school district, deed restrictions and taxes. WestPark is part of an HOA and has Mello Roos taxes. Email me to learn more.
2. Trying to make a shrewd investment. Focus on finding the best place for you and your family to live rather than trying to predict the real estate market.
3. Choosing a poor location. Consider what part of town you would like to live in and avoid homes located on busy streets.
4. Overlooking an inferior floor plan for an attractive exterior. Choose a great floor plan over a great exterior because you'll spend far more time inside the house than outside.
5. Overlooking how the home will function for your family. Consider features that are most important to your family and choose a home that will meet those needs.
6. Not having the home properly inspected when buying a resale. Hire a state-licensed, professional inspector to evaluate the home's true condition, which could save you thousands of dollars in repairs and maintenance.
7. Not having the home properly inspected when buying a new home. Research the number of homes sold, homeowner satisfaction, years in business, industry recognition and warranties offered.
8. Not getting what you want because you're impatient. If it's a used home, allow time to negotiate and get the best deal possible. Refusing to rush the process could save you lots of $ on the purchase price.
9. Waiting for a better time to buy based on the market and interest rates. History shows that those who purchased homes and kept them for three to five years or more did better than those who didn't. Waiting is one of the biggest mistakes a home buyer can make.
10. The biggest home buying mistake is not buying at all. Buying a home will give you a place to call your own and allow you to take advantage of tax breaks and build equity. Avoiding common mistakes can makes the home buying process stress free and fun.